I hearby apply for participation in the Beth El Synagogue Talmud Torah High School Merit Scholarship Program.
1. Meet with your advisor in person for a scheduled appointment once during the fall (by November 13), winter (by February 12), spring (by April 23) to evaluate progress to date. Meetings need to be scheduled at least one week before deadline – don’t wait till the last minute.
2. Complete and submit your mentored project by May 5, 2017.
3. Complete the following activities:
- 3 requirements in Category I (service attendance, USY participation and attendance at Hebrew High School)
- 20 hours from Category IIA (volunteer work)
- 2 activities from Category IIB (synagogue participation)
- 1 choice from Category III (merit scholarship project)
I understand that:
1. I must arrange for an advisor from the approved list.
2. The scholarships range from $300-$500 per year, based on the number of years of successful participation and completion. (Please note that a lesser amount may be awarded if all standards are not met)
3. Successful participants will be announced at the end of each school year.
4. Funds will be available for an approved high school trip to Israel, a BESTT sponsored trip during high school, or upon graduation from public high school for continuing education at an accredited institution of higher learning.
5. The BESTT Committee may make any clarifications and interpretations of the program, as well as any changes deemed necessary.